Monday, September 17, 2007

Feeling my way through - and feeling frustrated

I've been exploring a bunch of different options and I keep running into dead zones and tests.

So far I've checked out a permaculture-based intentional community, a freegan house-share, a spiritual community owned apartment complex, random super-cheap roommate situations on craigslist, and a caretaker position...and nothing seems to feel right or even produce a ripple of response.

That's not exactly true, I did field an offer to work and live onsite for a small new age company located in the country. I almost accepted before I realized that working there would actually be a huge step backwards to everything I hated about the wage slavery I've done in the past. Except my employers would also now be my landlords. And that living only 100 yards away from "the master" would be suffocating, even if it is set in the most beautiful and open natural setting.

So I'm feeling a bit frustrated but I know I need to keep at it. Keeping my awareness on feeling things out while watching for signs of "the road rising to meet my feet." And visualizing how a rat raised in a maze could eventually figure out how to escape rather than just finding different ways to run the maze, or to just lay down for good out of frustration and learned helplessness.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2007 at 3:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Live in a van?

 
At September 18, 2007 at 11:21 PM , Blogger feral femme said...

I want to but I'm scared.

So many "what ifs" around security issues. Some of those fears I can modify by learning things like how to do basic auto repairs...and other fears I think I'd just have to work through as I do in urban settings.

So how did you make the decision and then the jump to van living? Any ideas on earning money (non-dancing, non-wage slavery) while traveling?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home